The Oregon Home Care Commission (OHCC) has posted the latest Training Newsletter for June to its Training page. Home Care Workers and/or Personal Support Workers (PSWs) are encouraged to take a look…
Homecare Workers and Personal Support Workers wishing to be referred to new clients via the Registry and Referral Service (RRS) will be required to have annual continuing education.
If you DO NOT wish to be referred to new clients through the OHCC RRS, there is NO training requirement.
If you wish to be referred to new clients through RRS, four training classes are required per year. Only approved OHCC classes will meet this requirement.
At least once every two years, you must complete one of the HCC safety trainings – PASS, PDT or TRIPS. The other 7 classes in those two years can be any class, except for MoneyWise.
If you were already an active worker as of 10/04/13, your ‘year’ begins on that date. For new workers, the ‘year’ begins when you get your provider number.
Even if you do not expect to seek work, it is a good idea to attend training(s) for informational purposes. If you ever lose your job and want to use the RRS to find another, training will be required.
- BATHING & GROOMING
- BLINDNESS & LOW VISION
- CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS
- DEMENTIA & ALZHEIMER’S
- DIABETES BY THE NUMBERS
- DIVERSITY AWARENESS – CHALLENGES FACING LESBIAN, GAY,
- BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER ADULTS
- DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
- END OF LIFE CARE
- GRIEF AND LOSS
- HELPING CAREGIVERS FIGHT FRAUD & ABUSE
- HEART HEALTHY
- KEEPING IT PROFESSIONAL
- MEDICATION SAFETY
- NUTRITION BASICS
- PROTECT AGAINST SPRAINS AND STRAINS
- PSW ORIENTATION
- PREVENTING DISEASE TRANSMISSION
- READY, SET, WORK
- RESPIRATORY CARE: OXYGEN TO VENTILATORS
- S.M.A.R.T. — Stress Management And Relaxation Techniques
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE AWARENESS
- T.R.I.P.S. – Taking Responsibility In Personal Safety
- WORKING TOGETHER