[Please Note: This class has been cancelled.]
Region 1 Crisis Diversion
- An introduction to Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
- Information about how behavior affects us all, and all of the things that affect behavior
- Assessing the messages behind challenging behaviors
- Ways to work through power struggles, conflict, and stress
- Developing your own personalized stress-management plan
- Reasonable responses to challenging behavior, including specific physical intervention and escape techniques
The class includes time for discussion as well as some exercises.
[Note: Wear comfortable clothing that you are easily able to move around in!]
Target Audience: OIS-Parent is only for parents and other family members supporting children and adults who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities in the home setting. Non-family members who are paid to provide supports in the home, whether they are personal support workers (PSWs), other paid in-home support providers, or agency staff working in the family home, are not eligible to attend OIS-P training, as OIS-G Level Certification is required for them.