421 SW Oak St
Portland, OR 97204
Region 1 Crisis Diversion & ODDS/OTAC-Community Behavior Support
This OIS-P training is being provided to families who support children and adults in the home.
- An introduction to Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
- Information about how behavior affects us all, and all of the things that affect behavior
- Assessing the messages behind challenging behaviors
- Ways to work through power struggles, conflict, and stress
- Developing your own personalized stress management plan
- Reasonable responses to challenging behavior, including specific physical intervention and escape techniques
*The class includes time for discussion as well as some exercises.
[Please note: Wear comfortable clothing that you are easily able to move around in!]