2051 Kaen Rd
Oregon City, OR 97045
OIS-Parent is only for family members supporting children and adults who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities in the home setting. People who are paid to provide supports in the home, whether they are personal support workers, kids in home support providers, families receiving brokerage funds or agency staff working in the family home, are not eligible to attend OIS-P training, as a G Level Certification is required.
- An introduction to Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
- Information about how behavior affects us all, and all of the things that affect behavior
- Assessing the messages behind challenging behaviors
- Ways to work through power struggles, conflict, and stress
- Developing your own personalized stress-management plan
- Reasonable responses to challenging behavior, including specific physical intervention and escape techniques
The class includes time for discussion as well as some exercises.
[Note: Please wear comfortable clothing that you are easily able to move around in!]