12240 NE Glisan St
Portland, OR 97230
[Please Note: This class has been cancelled.]
Creative Goal Solutions
Denise Ernst PhD
Motivational interviewing is non-judgmental, non-confrontational and non-adversarial approach to increasing clients’ awareness of problematic behaviors and assisting them to increase motivation to change.
- Clarify the provider’s role and client’s role throughout the change process.
- Explore the key elements that enhance client’s intrinsic desire for change.
- Define motivational interviewing and recognize counseling traps to avoid.
- Embrace the Spirit of Motivational Interviewing.
- Identify and practice Key Strategies of Motivational Interviewing.