Goodwill in Portland
OR, USA, 1943 SE 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
This is a 2-day training.
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2016 AND
Thursday, August 24th, 2016.
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (BOTH days).
Few individuals begin a new job without some need for support and instructions. Individuals who provide the direct support should have a solid understanding of tools and teaching strategies that facilitate learning.
Topics covered will include:
- Task Design: organizing tasks to facilitate learning and independence.
- Task Analysis: Breaking tasks down into teachable steps and creating an efficient and effective tool to track progress.
- Teaching Strategies: Providing assistance through various methods of instruction and fading to support independence.
- Meeting and Exceeding Performance Standards
- Video Observation: Discussion and feedback on systematic instruction sessions.
Park in the lot on SE 6th Ave. across from the store lot. Parking is not allowed in the Goodwill retail store lot. Street parking time limits are strictly enforced (2-hour limit). Exception for ADA parking spots.